View Single Post
Old May 7, 2005, 05:43 PM   #47
MoW

And... whether or not he was actually in possession of a deadly weapon is a moot point. If you walk into a gas station and rob the place with your finger pointing in your pocket as if you had a gun, it's still considered aggravated (armed) robbery

Not here in Fla. They have the 10, 20 life law in effect. There is a big difference(according to law) if you have a gun or not in a robbery attempt.

Bruce G.
Unfortunately, juries can be swayed by the smallest detail. If the defense raises the issue of a person being called Moose and the man is indeed of considerable stature then it only takes 1. I don't know for sure what size he is but I'm guessing large--if not no problem. Point is more needs to be heard before stating unequivicably that he did the right thing(or wrong). I'm not hindsighting the situation--he did what he did---legally is what I'm addressing. Do I as a fellow carrier feel(from what I know) that he did nothing wrong----yes. Legally, are there serious questions(from what I know) on how he handled the situation---yes.

Page generated in 0.03689 seconds with 8 queries