View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 01:26 PM   #3
BigJimP

As long as it "Fits" which means " it hits where you look " .....so you have to verify point of impact / shoot a full choke at 21 yds or so ..../ and it will be fine.

For casual Trap - or skeet - or sporting clays ....its fine.

The reason most of us want a heavier gun for "Trap" ....is there is less, left to right barrel movement - in Trap ...than the other clay target games. So for Trap specifically ....we go to a heavier gun and a longer gun ...like a Browning Citori XT - in 32" barrels and around 10 lbs.../ the extra weight helps us keep momentum as we swing and smooth out the follow thru on our Trap shots. The extra length gives us a little longer sight plane....

For Skeet, Sporting..and field shooting ....most of us go to guns between 7.5 and 8.5 lbs...and 28" or 30" barrels. Personally I like an O/U in the 30" barrels and 8.5 lb range ( but I'm 6'5" and 290 lbs too ) ...my buddy who is 5'10" and 185 lbs likes a 26" or 28" gun around 7.5 lbs....so everybody is a little different....

Nothing wrong with the Benelli Legacy model ...although I prefer the SuperSport model with the comfort tech system in it.../ I hope you enjoy it !

Page generated in 0.04218 seconds with 8 queries