View Single Post
Old November 22, 2010, 07:05 PM   #27
5282jt

I'd say there is a slim chance of any predators entering my home

I have been here since 1997 and have not heard of any home invasions in this neighborhood?
I did have a pressure washing machine stolen out of the back of my pickup truck 2 different times. Both times a week before Xmas= just wonderful fathers lookin' to buy their kids some presents, without actually getting a job to do it.
One time my dog went wacky out back [my home is in a sparse neighborhood and my yard is cut into the woods-the dog just goes out to do his business] I went out back and sat low and listened-I could hear someone trudging through the heavy brush.
I called the cops and they circled the area, but noone was caught.
I'm not overly concerned, and I know my .44 black powder gun is not a 357, but it's a heck of a lot more than I had for defence up until I got it!
I already had a baseball bat, mace and a stun gun by my bed! Hmmmm, I think I sound a bit paranoid?
I still think that if I fired my gun, [ even through my ceiling? ] most crooks would head on out and find an unarmed home to rob??????????
If not, I will be practicing most every week at least once a week, so i'll be as ready as I am willing to be.
I will be target shooting tomorrow and after that, i'll take the average advice and cap the loads and leave it on a safe notch. I do have to keep it in the bedroom closet though, because I have 3 grandchildren ages 3-8 that I have overnight 2-3 times a month!
I love those grandchildren!!!
You say you want to see pictures of my grandchildren?
Well, - - - - - OK! Here they are! { PS: The blonde babe is my 51 year old wife! }
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EPIXOR 006.JPG (57.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0039[1].jpg (77.2 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 123 020.jpg (79.5 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by 5282jt; November 22, 2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.02284 seconds with 9 queries