Thread: Length of Pull
View Single Post
Old February 24, 2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Tenshi

@oneounceload: I'm aware that there's more to fitting a shotgun, but I'm asking about LOP because that's the one factor that I'm planning to alter on my own personal firearm. The weight is too out front and I feel like I'm having to stretch too far to the forearm. Also, the butt catches on my clothes as I mount it to my shoulder... the only way for me to avoid this is the stretch my arms out unnaturally as I'm pulling it up to my shoulder. Trying the "rule of thumb" method, my nose is a full 3-4 inches away from my thumb... I'm planning to trim a bit off of the stock, but I want to be sure of the measurement before I do any cutting which is why I posted this.

All of the other factors feel about right.
The pitch doesn't cause the butt to slide up or down with recoil, it stays where it should.
As with most guns sold nowdays, mine has no cast and this doesn't seem to be a problem for me, my eye is in line with the sights horizontally and I don't feel like I need to press my cheek hard into the stock to acheive this. I do need to raise my comb a bit as I have ghost ring sights on my gun on a picatinny rail, so it is a bit above the rib and I find that my cheek weld has to be a little too high up to line up the sights.

Page generated in 0.02216 seconds with 8 queries