View Single Post
Old February 25, 2001, 03:53 PM   #1
Badger Arms

I'd like others to share their experience with legal rapid-fire devices on the market. I'd like to know your impression of their functionality, positive and negative aspects of each. As I understand it, there are three different categories of BATF approved mechanisms.

The first is the inertia type. This is where a device applies pressure to the rear of the trigger so that when the gun fires, the momentum of the weapon combined with the spring overcome the finger pressure and reset the trigger so that the rhythm of the weapon fires the gun again. Hellfire is an example.

The second is the crank type. A mechanical crank is used to depress and release the trigger multiple times as you turn the crank. Examples are the GAT, BMF Activator, and many machine-shop setups involving 10/22's or M-1 Carbines placed in a jig.

The third is the two-shot conversion. This is done by filing or otherwise rigging the secondary sear so that, although it catches the hammer after firing, it releases the hammer to fire again when pressure on the trigger is released. This results in two shots per pull and release of the trigger. Apparently, BATF considers this to be more than one manipulation of the trigger or something.

If there are any more categories, please inform me.

Page generated in 0.02986 seconds with 8 queries