View Single Post
Old June 21, 2009, 12:35 PM   #143
jjyergler

You guys and gals best educate yourselves!

Quote:
I don't know about the laws where you live but here in Florida, I do believe you have the right to stop someone who is burglarizing your home/property.

Quote:
Also I think here (La) technically you would be legal but still wouldn't look good on your part so much, you could jump in the car with him and then shoot him since he made forced entry.

"Think?" "Technically?" What the hell are you guys talking about? I have seen several posts like this, and it horrifies me. If YOU OWN A GUN, YOU MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAVE TO KNOW WHEN AND HOW IT CAN BE EMPLOYED IN YOUR STATE! If you don't know, sell your guns. If you don't know, you are a danger to yourself and your family as you might go to jail and leave them in the lurch. The Skydiver said he lives in Florida, and I can assure you that the CASTLE doctrine DOES NOT APPLY in this situation. In Florida, using a gun in this situation is going to get you in jail.

What you guys are saying is that you've read the laws, and in your states you believe that you would be justified. Are you willing to go to jail over "I think," and "technically?" Not me dude!

One other thing, when you guys and gals post with testosterone (I know, but gals produce testosterone too) fuelled bravado on this forum, understand one thing. If you ever are involved in a shooting that isn't absolutely righteous, everything you've ever posted will be blown up on the big display screen in front of a jury.

I don't always agree with WildAlaska, but be sure of one thing, you don't want to end up like the Pharmacist after a bad shoot. The difference in his case between heroism and jail is apparently one shot.

Sorry about the rant, I just had to get that off my chest.

BTW, TeeRoux, it looks like you are right, the LA law seems to justify you in this case, I wasn't attacking you particularly, I don't think you are the type of poster I am referring to.
Hi Standard Supermatic Citation .22LR - Tincans Beware

Last edited by jjyergler; June 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Textual correction

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries