View Single Post
Old October 5, 2013, 01:07 AM   #4
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine
So I'm set on: Glock 19 & Evo-9
Just out of curiosity, why are you set on an Evo-9? It's a previous-generation suppressor; there are newer ones on the market now that are better in every way. The only reason I can think of to get an Evo-9 is if your dealer is giving you a great deal. There's nothing wrong with getting that suppressor, but if I'm going to spend all that money, pay $200 for the transfer tax, and wait at least 8 months, I want the latest and best suppressor I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob62
A justifiable shoot is a justifiable shoot, period.
Sure, when it comes to pure self-defense and the law, but if your shooting just happens to go to trial things can always influence the jury for better or for worse. Do you think the use of a suppressor might be a negative influence on the jury? I'm not saying don't use a suppressor for home defense, but thinking it can never have an influence on the legal outcome of a justifiable self-defense shooting is naive at best.

This was recently covered at length in this thread:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533110

As far as your host, a Glock is not the best suppressor host due to the looser chambers on the factory barrels. But factory threaded barrels are very hard to come by right now, so most people use a tighter match-chambered barrel like a Storm Lake or Jarvis or KKM, etc. (I'm assuming Rattac barrels are also tighter match-grade barrels). So with those barrels you're sacrificing the reliability of the looser factory barrels for the slightly quieter and tighter aftermarket barrels. And I've never had a thread protector loosen up on me, but I also almost never shoot my Glock 19 with my Storm Lake threaded barrel when I'm not using my Octane 9 on it: The factory barrel is more reliable so I use it whenever I'm not using my suppressor.

As for the specifics of getting a suppressor in Florida, I have no idea.

Page generated in 0.03538 seconds with 8 queries