Thread: Edward Snowden
View Single Post
Old January 1, 2014, 07:10 PM   #11
zxcvbob

Quote:
The surveillance was certainly over the top, but I don't think the NSA has enough people working for them to actively track all 100 million firearms owners in the US. I suspect you would have needed to do something beyond that to get on their radar- Not necessarily something that SHOULD have gotten you on it however, given the IRS scandal.
Yes they do. They collect all the data they can get their hands on, index it by whatever criteria, and then just store it away. When you or I do something to show up on their radar screen (perhaps publicly calling the president a "fink") they can go back and sift all the stored data to see if anything is exploitable.

They probably don't have the resources to analyze the data on all 100MM gun owners (or registered Republicans, or smokers, etc) at the same time, but they don't have to. Just hoover-up all the data in realtime, then use a small amount of it later at their leisure.

Page generated in 0.02929 seconds with 8 queries