View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 02:55 PM   #42
PH/CIB

"""if a shooter tries to shoot open the interior door the teacher leads the class outside through the other door to the outside and then locks the door from the outside, if a shooter tries to shoot open the exterior door from the outside then the teacher leads the class through the interior door to the interior of the school and then locks that door from the inside interior or hallway. All doors should be heavy steel with no glass and as firerarm resistant as possible and lockable from both sides, so the teacher after leading the class through the door could lock it from the other side. There should be no windows in the classroom.""" PH/CIB

"""You are not building a school ..... that's a trap.""" Jimbob86

I have to respectfully disagree, windows are almost always a security risk, one is a shooter can see targets through them and shoot through them, two a shooter can enter through them, three it is generally too hard for young children to open windows and it would be faster for a teacher to open a door to the outside or to the interior of the building and let the kids out than to open multiple windows to let the kids out which also requires jumping to the ground, four in my post I stated no windows in classrooms but a door to the outside to escape from a shooter on the inside and a door to the interior of the building to escape from a shooter trying to get in from the outside.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.03759 seconds with 8 queries