View Single Post
Old April 11, 2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Silver00LT

Was not going to start at 50 grains...because that is DEAD center of the range for my 165gr and powder setup. I shoot for halfway...most of those loads were around 49.6 give or take a 1/10th.

I just need to get my notebook and head to the range and start messing with loads.

Thanks for the data sheet! On my handgun loads I found my ideal range to be 4.5gr with range testing. So I am going to take the same approach with my .308 rounds. I just do not like starting above halfway of suggested load which is why the new bullets are still in the box waiting for me to locate some accurate load data.

Again thanks for the quick replies. It'll be next month til I get to the range.

Wish there was a way to quote posts....

Brian - The load data for my 165grn and H414 is min 48.0 and max of 52.0 when I started reloading I told myself I will never go above halfway until I tried out the lower half first. More of a safety thing for myself since I just started reloading. I did not want put in the first round a BOOM. So started off lower half and will work with it in that range.

Last edited by Silver00LT; April 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries