View Single Post
Old December 24, 2012, 08:38 PM   #45
OvertheHill

Yup

Absolutely, the very best powder May be free powder. If you can trust what it is, where it came from, etc, etc....this stuff is in the original 1-pound containers with original labels, etc.

I had planned on starting at 55 grains 777 ffg, .530 round ball, .018 pillow-ticking lubed patch and work up by 5 grain increments to no more than 80-85 grains until I find the "sweet spot"...

I aren't real edumacated, so I learned to make sure I know what I am doing before I do too much of anything....hard knocks been teaching me that for a looonng time.

I been reading a bunch on several different muzzle-loading forums and some other resources, both on-line and books. So I am aware of the "difference" and to allow for it with the 777 when compared to recommended charges of "holy black".

Appreciate the heads-up for sure. Always good to know 'bout stuff...before it bites ya.

Thanks guys.
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood.--John Adams

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries