View Single Post
Old March 25, 2012, 11:31 PM   #1
exphys2010

Hammer issue with a new Walther PPK/S???

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new Walther PPK/S from cheaperthandirt.com. I received it at my FFL and didnt really notice anything right off the bat. However, when I got it home and started inspecting it really well, I noticed that at a completely uncocked position, the hammer does not actually contact the firing pin, it actually sits a few millimeters away from it, and it is able to be pushed forward into the firing pin manually, but I hear a faint click when I do so. Even when I dry fire the gun, it does not look like it is making contact with the firing pin, it seems as though it is being stopped short of it. Does anyone else own a PPK/S that could give me some insight as to whether or not it is suppose to be like this and I am just being paranoid about it, or whether or not mine may have a factory defect?? I always heard great things about these pistols functionality wise, and it came with a discharged bullet casing, but none of my other pistols with external hammers sit that far away from the firing pin, so it is concerning to me. I wont have the time to take it out and fire it for a few weeks, so I figured I would ask around on here for advice first. Thanks for the help in advance, have a good one!

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 9 queries