View Single Post
Old February 2, 2014, 02:22 PM   #32
Mystro

Kimber84, I use to think that but I had made a stupid shot on a big buck at only 30 yards as he was running. I hit him dead center paunch with my 300 Win Mag when I first started carrying it. I bought into the idea that a big Magnum will drop them with a crappy shot. Boy was I suprised when we tracked that deer 1/2 mile over the toughest terain for a hour. I still had to put a finishing shot to kill him. Luckily we had 10" of fresh snow. He bled ALOT and as the minutes of tracking him ticked down, my idea of the killing power of the big magnum on a gut shot went out the door. I have seen guys hit deer in the guts with a 308 SST and drop em cold so its not a shot I would take with any caliber. Your results my vary.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; February 2, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03497 seconds with 8 queries