View Single Post
Old January 26, 2011, 07:49 PM   #10
DannySeesUSMC

Sorry to hear about this.

I have a couple buddies who are writers/editors in firearms and outdoors magazines, people are pretty much right on when it comes to how things are done. They are fun to look at, and definitely fun to work for, but I trust feedback from dozens on the forums and thoughts of the trainers/consultants much, much more.

When I was very young I was always told not to buy any firearms new to the market. I think that and going mid-level (i.e. $700 minimum for a 1911, $500 for a polymer 9mm) at the lowest seems to work out well for most people.

In general with people so full of it, in magazines and the forums, if you can't find/request real honest-to-goodness expert opinion on the gun that appeals to you - pay attention for the people who have well over 2,000rds. through it. If there is a bunch of them who give the pistol very high remarks, and most of their posts show decent to excellent firearms knowledge, then it's ok to put down some money for it.

Too many companies going for quick cash and/or using us for guinea pigs these days.

Page generated in 0.04393 seconds with 8 queries