View Single Post
Old March 21, 2010, 08:57 AM   #7
kraigwy

A tad bit off topic, but still within Nevada's CC laws.

I'm not sure if its still true, I dont live in Neveda but you had to qualify for CC with each pistol you deside to carry.

My shooting partner (and my NCOIC when I was OIC of the Alaska NG Marksmanship Unit) retired about the same time I did, I retired in Wyoming and he in Nevada. He was also quite the pistol shooter. He shot for several years on the All Guard International and Conventional Pistol Teams.

Anyway like a lot of people he has several pistols he carries depending on the mood, so had to qualify with each. Problem is, they had trouble counting his hits. At first they said he didnt qualify because they counldn't find all his hits in the one ragged whole. Finely they came up with a target backer (not sure what its called). The deal is, its a roll of paper used by Bench Rest shooters that moves behind the target as one shoots, to make sure the BR shooter fired all the rounds required for the group.

They found out he had been shooting all the requred rounds.

Don't sell out target shooters when it comes to "tactical" shooting. Especially one who shootes International Rapid Fire. When you have to shoot 5 targets in 3 seconds, you have to be fast and accurage.

Sorry to butt in.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 8 queries