Thread: Check, please!
View Single Post
Old March 28, 2001, 04:21 PM   #12
David Scott

Some interesting repsonses.

The assumption is that you somehow exposed your weapon without knowing you did it. Jacket hung up on the chair back, or whatever. Some folks had a good point, that you can avoid this scenario by (A) taking care not to expose the wepaon, and (B) watching your back even in a restaurant.

If it did happen, though, I think my own reaction would be to stomp on the foot of the one holding me, then fall backwards with all 205 pounds. Once on the ground, I would roll over and lay on top of the gun, shouting that I have a permit and somebody please help, call the police, they're attacking me. I would NOT under any circumstances attempt to draw the weapon myself, though I would get my hand over it and push it down into the holster.

My wife would have enough sense not to draw her own weapon unless one of the waiters got hold of mine. In that case, she ought to get her back to a wall so she can't be attacked, draw, and order the waiter to put the weapon down and back away from it. She also should beshouting that we have permits and demanding the police in a loud voice; guilty parties don't ask for cops.

Once the cops arrived, I would press assault charges against the two who actually touched my person, and insist the cops investigate to see if it was done on instructions from management. If so, there would be a lawsuit against the owners for incitement to an assault, public humiliation, emotional distress, and the physical pain and suffering of having two strong young men half my age batter me around. I'd complain in front of witnesses about anything that might be considered a physical injury. I would let them know that the press would be hearing about how their establishment assaults customers.

Finally, I would return to the table where I ate, pick up the tip and put it back in my pocket. Then I would ask them what I owe for the dinner, and insist on paying for it, because accepting a free meal or apologies might imply that I considered the matter setlled.

Page generated in 0.02678 seconds with 8 queries