View Single Post
Old August 2, 2013, 07:14 AM   #35
sc928porsche

Some good recommendations on here for immediate use. I do have a little different opinion than most for the reason that you may not always be hunting in the type of terrain that you describe. You may have an opertunity to do some hunting elsewhere in the future. For that reason I would recommend the following. Something in a 3-9x50 A/O.

For the most part, you will be hunting with the 3 power and your objective will be set at close range (parallax and focus). The 50mm will give you a large field of view. If you do get out of the trees and have a shot at a longer distance, all you will have to do is bring up the power and if necessary adjust the objective (clear focus usually indicates the range and sets the parallax). You will also find the higher power helpful at the range to see those little holes in the target because as you know, one must practice, practice, practice.

You will find some decent scopes in 3-9x50 A/O in a variety of brands with prices ranging from $100-$300. No need to get expensive glass. I would steer away from the "bargin" scopes, but something mid line will do fine.

Page generated in 0.02267 seconds with 8 queries