View Single Post
Old July 22, 2010, 06:49 AM   #1
hounddawg

Seat to Cannalure?

Question about using Hornady .224 55gr SP with cannalure. trimmed LC cases, TAC powder, CCI SR magnum primers.

To go get the bullet to seat to cannalure I end up with a COL of 2.182. I don't have a Hornady manual but the TAC powder guide recommended a COL of 2.24 for a 55 grain Sierra Blitz Kings. At 2.24 I ended up with so so groups at 100 yards using varying loads from 23.4 to 26.0, 5 shot groups averaged around 1.5 inches. best group was 1.0 inches with a flyer @ 26.0 grains, worst was 3.2 inches @25.8 grains. No pressure signs at 26.0 which was the top end for a 55gr using the Ramshot online guide.

I am shooting a DPMS match upper, 1 - 8 twist. I am thinking about doing another workup this time seating to cannalure. Looking for opinions here and if someone that has a Hornady book would post what Hornady recommends for a COL and loads for TAC I would appreciate it.

Also the age old question on whether to crimp or not crimp. These will be used for HP match practice using reduced targets.

Page generated in 0.02484 seconds with 8 queries