View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 01:18 AM   #2
fun2shoot

Beretta Pistol

Ok dirt sand mud water. Dirt can slow down ejection when exposed to a (substantial) amount. For that you might want to quick strip and blow it off with your mouth then reassemble and oil if you can. Sand can be worse but has the weight to be shaken off if you whip the pistol up and down to throw it out, make sure your not shooting basically any gun when you got sand in it so shake strip and blow it as best as you can. Sand can get very deep into the slide and extractor flange and firing pin assembly therefore rendering it frozen shut if you were to shoot it. Mud basically if you get mud on it find water which hopefully is nearby and immerse the pistol into it until the water dissolves the gloppy mud but mud has a little water content so it might not be that horrible as many think. If a pistol gets immersed in water shake it out like jumping up and down while palming your ear when you get trapped ear water gravity should get alot of it out. I know I said alot of what probably does not have to do with your question but a decently clean beretta will get a job done. This should work with most all semi-auto handguns. I wish I knew how reliable that beretta pistol stands up to certain test conditions but that info is out of my knowledge. Hope this helps

Page generated in 0.02967 seconds with 8 queries