View Single Post
Old March 20, 2008, 04:44 AM   #6
EricN

I truly hate it when I dont read whats in front of me....

From the Galco website....

"The Miami Classic and Miami Classic II shoulder systems have the same holster component; the differences are in the harness and magazine carrier. The Miami Classic harness is made with all four straps being of equal width, where the MCII harness becomes wider over the shoulder area. The Miami Classic is the most popular and some feel it is easier to conceal, as well as cooler in hot weather with the narrow straps. Others may tell you that the MCII wider harness is more comfortable, as it spreads the weight over a wider area. Small-framed people, or those with larger builds, tend to do better with the Miami Classic harness.

The SSH “wide comfort” harness is yet wider than the MCII harness. Again, this helps distribute weight, but is also more difficult to conceal and sometimes less comfortable in hot weather.

The Jackass Rig is less expensive due to the harness being premium center cut steerhide instead of smooth surface top grain leather like in the Miami Classic harness (MCH) and MCII system harness (MCIIH). In addition, the construction method for both the holster and ammo carrier is riveted, rather than stitched as on the Miami Classic and the MCII. Another difference is that the Jackass holster component is designed for diagonal carry, with the muzzle tilted slightly up, due to the patented swivel keeper being placed under the muzzle rather than above the muzzle as in the pattern used on the holster component for the MC and the MCII systems.

If you want a genuine Galco International shoulder holster system for part-time or occasional carry, the Classic Lite is for you. This complete system-holster, single ammo carrier and JRH harness-gives you the comfort and versatility of our professional rigs. We use the same patented and trademarked connectors and hardware to achieve the same great fit and design. Instead of full grain steer hide we use premium center cut steerhide, which has a proven track record in our Jackass harness. By avoiding the many hours of handcrafting needed to make full grain leather holster, we can offer you a very reasonably priced alternative.

The optional tie downs for each rig are made from the same leather used for that particular rig’s harness. STD = ammo side tie down for MC, MCII, or SSII systems. STDH = holster side for the MC, MCII, and SSII systems; JTD = ammo side tie down for the Jackass Rig or Classic Lite, and the JTDH = holster side tie down for the Jackass rig or Classic Lite. "

I will now have 5 minutes of shame.

EricN

Page generated in 0.02479 seconds with 8 queries