Thread: Savage 311
View Single Post
Old August 1, 2011, 03:14 PM   #28
Murrdock

Quote:
If you only have a $250 budget, there are lots of pumps in that price range that will actually work.
I really dislike pump actions personally. They work just fine and I've shot them a bunch, but the type of hunting I do a SxS would do much better. Quicker follow up shots, the ability to carry buckshot in one chamber, bird shot in the other and I could go on.

There's just something about a double barrel that gets my heart racing when I handle and shoot one. O/U are a little to expensive for my taste and most look far to pretty to take through the bog.

Quote:
they would never stand up to a season of sporting clays, in some ways. I doubt they would break, but who would want to take the physical beating over firing thousands of rounds!!
Trust me, the "swinging the pig on the shovel" and the "physical beating" does not worry me. I'm about 6' 4", 240 lbs., and I do concrete work for my summer job when not at college. If I had a shotgun that was literally a 4 x 4 beam I could still whip that thing around like nobody's business.

I'm actually planning on skeet shooting with it if the guy goes through with the sale. I know it's not the best gun for the job, but I'll get that 2nd clay a helluva lot quicker with that double than trying to reload one of my single shots.

Page generated in 0.02864 seconds with 8 queries