View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 09:47 AM   #10
Fishbed77

Quote:
Seconded. The SR-series is a robust, quality, reliable pistol and Ruger stands behind everything they sell. I steered my friend to an SR9 for his first pistol and it ate the first 500 flawlessly, including a test box of his Winchester 147-grain RA9T carry ammo. It sits in his bedroom in a GunVault and he trusts his family to it. I have no regrets about my recommendation.
Likewise, my brother owns a full-size SR9. It has been 100% reliable, is quite accurate, has a pretty decent trigger for a Glock-style action, and has pretty good ergos to boot. He loves it. The fit & finish is not to the level of a Walther or H&K, but the SR-series pistols are every bit as good as a Glock or M&P when it comes to quality, durability, or reliability (maybe better, when you consider the problems with Gen 4 Glocks).

The only thing you can really fault about the pistol are some of its "saftey" features that everyone might not be fond of - the magazine disconnect, massive LCI, and thumb safety. But those are just items of personal preference.

Page generated in 0.02344 seconds with 8 queries