View Single Post
Old July 3, 2010, 10:37 AM   #29
Wildalaska

Quote:
To me it is a non-issue whether it hurts the gun or not. Firing the gun hurts the gun! That is why after a while they get loose and need rebuilding. If dropping on an empty chamber damages something I will just replace it as a normal maintenance/wear issue. That is why you inspect your guns, rotate through a stock of competition and carry guns so when one is being fixed another can be used. They are tools, they wear, they are fixable and replaceable and it only takes money, which I have. Non-issue.
Interesting expression of the opposite view to us non droppers...guess I will explain it this way;

I dont slam doors, talk or play loud music or TV late at night, wear loud clothes (my loincloths are alway neutral or pastel coloured), pop clutches, race other drivers, run everything to the max or get my gun training from Die Hard. I dont spend every shooting session hosing down the berm. In fact, Im rarely a hoser, even with a full auto

I didnt deliberately break my toys as a child. Hell, I pale in comparison to SWMBO, who goes so far as to put covers on her books (Book is Important, need not to be dirty)

I was trained to treat guns of any type as a complex mechanical device that deserves respect and Ill go so far as to say that while I too can afford to replace a gun, and while I have the services of trained gunsmiths on call for free, I dont, out of respect.

But your gun, your boom box, your money. You can even pose whilst you drop the slide (i have seen folks do that in the shop), its ok, I wont be involved in your social and cultural milieu anyway.

Just don't drop the slide on my pistol or flip my cylinder closed. Kind of hard to find parts for SIG 210s and Webley Pryse No 4

To me, I see a flipper or dropper and just raise my eyebrow like I do when I see any attitudinal acts by anybody

WildandtheyouaboveisauniversaloneandnotdirectedattheopAlaska TM

Page generated in 0.02910 seconds with 8 queries