View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

CZ-75 problem & question

I am currently working a temporary assignment that has been most unusual -- the vast majority of my co-workers at this site either have carry permits or are in the process of getting them, enjoy shooting, and enjoy talking about (gasp!) GUNS! This is completely contrary to my experience at other work situations over the years, where for the most part I felt I could not or at least should not even hint that I possess and usually carry such weapons of mass distraction.

A couple of weeks ago one of the younger guys bought his first handgun, a used CZ-75. Part of the problem is that I haven't seen the gun yet (we can't have guns AT work because it's a state-owned site and illegal). I won't get to see it until our next Friday after-work range get-together.

This morning he told me that he was disappointed because, over the weekend, he tried to put a new Bar-Sto CZ-75 barrel in his gun and it wouldn't go. He said the Bar-Sto barrel has a larger outside diameter and the muzzle simply would not fit the slide. He showed me the barrel, and it's now resting in my jacket pocket.

I would like to ask if some of you who own CZ-75s and CZ-75bs would be kind enough to measure the OD of your barrels and post the numbers. Also, please specifiy if you have a 75 or a 75b, because I'm wondering if that makes a difference. I'd like to try to compile a dimensional baseline for comparison.

Thank you.

Page generated in 0.03687 seconds with 8 queries