View Single Post
Old November 5, 2010, 11:01 AM   #7
carguychris

Quote:
I would like to purchase in VA definately unless we can somehow go together in MA.
If this is the case, you either must ship it to a FFL in MA yourself, have your FFL ship and transfer it to a FFL in MA, or transport it to MA personally and accompany your father to a friendly FFL to accomplish the transfer. However, there are several items of caution.

First, it's my understanding that the handgun must either be on the MA Approved List or be C&R eligible for the transfer to be legal, but I'm not sure. Second, not all FFLs accept shipments from unfamiliar nonlicensees; this is a private business decision to avoid potential legal hassles if the shipper's ID is not legit, there is no shipper ID, or the gun is stolen or illegally modified. However, since you will have to ship the gun Next Day Air, it will probably be cheaper to do a FFL-to-FFL transfer anyway. Third, I'm totally unfamiliar with MA law as it relates to transporting a handgun through the state and delivering it to a FFL; I'm not sure this is allowable under state law.

If you're intending to attempt any of these options, I suggest calling the destination FFL to make sure this is all legit under MA law.

Bottom line: I still think it will be far easier to give your dad a gift certificate.

Page generated in 0.02484 seconds with 8 queries