View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 10:06 PM   #36
foghorn leghorn

Lavid,
There is a breakin period for that shotgun. You need to fire 100 rds of [over] 1oz shells at the proper gas settings. You sound like you just broke it in, it's all gravy from here on out.
I have the Remington SPR453, it is the baikal MP 153 semi made by sparton arms. BTW Able Ammo has one for $308.00 right now.
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=113820
It is a gun that will keep on trucking, just like an AK47. Check youtube, there are videos of the baikal having frozen mud dumped on the port and then rapid fire 8 rounds (with mag ext).
I think you had some light field loads and a new gun. I have a Citori 12 ga O/U, and it is by far the best skeet gun I ever fired.
I have a remington 11-87, has a reputation for jamming. or not ejecting, but usually on light loads. I use mine for buckshot, and slugs.
I have the beretta AL391 , in synthetic. What can I say, it's a Beretta.
My most reliable shotgun, Ive had since 1972. An Ithaca model 37. I have 2 barrels, and it is a pump, so cycling isn't a problem. It shoots anything I put in it, but it only takes 2 3/4.
It all depends on what you want to do with it, and money doesn't a better gun make.
A great gun that's neglected won't last either, or make you proud.

Last edited by foghorn leghorn; January 21, 2010 at 10:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02570 seconds with 8 queries