View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 04:07 AM   #23
Bill Akins

Great looking puller Doc! Like it a lot.
Did you make any inserts for it so a lubed bullet won't dump in with the powder and make a mess getting powder stuck all in the lube?

I was thinking that maybe just like you made different size collets for the cases, that maybe you could also make different length rods for the different length cases. You could either make rods of wood or metal, and place them in the hammer cavity so that the projectile was just barely left in the case after you whacked it. Then you could pull it out the rest of the way by hand. Also was thinking about what you said about my idea of using a threaded rod that was countersunk into the hammer head (so it wouldn't stick out the end of the hammer head) and threaded internally into the hammer head too, where you said one threaded rod wouldn't work for all your different length cases. Well, why not make several different length threaded rods? Shorter ones for rifle cases and longer ones for pistol cases. Then you should be able to adjust each threaded rod so that the projectile just almost leaves the case, but barely stays in. That way no dumping a lubed bullet into the powder. Whatcha think about that Doc?

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries