View Single Post
Old April 2, 2011, 09:44 AM   #61
AK103K

Thats true, and that is an advantage with those type guns.

The 1911's, only if youre aware the safety was off though. A proper 1911 holster usually protects the thumb safety from your body/clothing, and wont let you get your thumb on it, until its come clear. Still, they always seem to find a way to get knocked off, even in the good holsters.

I really think the problem here was a poor choice of holster, and complacency that comes with familiarity.

He obviously did "something" wrong in holstering the gun at some point, to get the side caved in like that. Having tried similar holsters early on, I know what they are like and what problems they generate, especially if you are the least bit active. I was always readjusting the gun (pushing it back down) throughout the day, as every time you sit or squat close to something, the muzzle can catch and force the gun up, and even out of the holster. Do it enough, and it becomes second nature, and done without thought. Not good with something that needs attention paid to it, and especially if youre constantly handling it.

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries