View Single Post
Old February 24, 2008, 10:18 AM   #125
joab

Quote:
I understand you have an argumentative nature, but you're barking up the wrong tree.
If I am the one with the argumentative natire why was it you that started this by quoting me and then making a totally irrelevant comment regarding the comment I made

I never said that the info I gave was irrelevant, you however present a set of statutes that may or may not support shooting a thief when there is absolutely no indication that the BGs stole anything or that they even managed to actually gain entrance to the home in the first place
I have asked several times why you picked me out to do that

The penal code you posted clearly states that for the purpose of the section you posted the definition for word "escape" would coincide with the definition given in section 38.01
Quote:
ยง 9.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Custody" has the meaning assigned by Section
(2) "Escape" has the meaning assigned by Section
I then gave you that definition, which makes no mention of pursuing off property in a vehicle

Nowhere in that 901 does it give permission for an ordinary citizen to get into a vehicular pursuit to hunt down and kill people who may or may not have committed a burglary on their property
The statute you provided is not one of disallowance it is a specific set of allowances

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned they started a war with the homeowner and he finished it .
I agree, but that doesn't mean that his actions are condoned by law

Page generated in 0.02252 seconds with 8 queries