View Single Post
Old August 28, 2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Tim R

I shoot .22 BE indoors during the winter months. I also shoot High power during the summer. My average with the pistol is a little higher than yours but I tend to shoot the pistol like a rifle. I also believe a shooter will know when a change needs to be made, better pistol, rifle, ammo what ever.

My 41 will hold the ten ring on a slow fire target and the X ring on the timed and rapid targets with CCI blue without problems from the bench.

With our averages, I see no real point to spend more money on expensive ammo. If our averages wre in the 290's, then there might be a point. Going to a more expensive ammo will not increase our scores enough to matter at this point of our lives. What I do see is the need for more practice and the cheaper the better.

Having said that, my 41 does shoot T-22 a little better than the CCI standard. I gave up on the T-22 because of issues with it not going off enough. CCI standard goes off 99.99% of the time. I think I've have one fail to fire out of the almost finshed off case of 5,000 rds. Last case I had 2 not go off out of 5,000 rds. I can live with a little wider group if the ammo goes off when I pull the trigger as I hate having to refire and get the bottom 10 for score.

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries