View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 10:50 AM   #11
tahunua001

Quote:
AN awful lot of it comes down to personal preference, the willingness to solve problems that arise and commit to mastering an individual rifle
right on all counts, as I said I tried to warm up to it and ended up putting well over 1,000 rounds down range in an attempt to master my WASR but I never could get excited about getting to take it to the range and once surplus ammo prices overtook cheap 5.56x45mm ammo prices I just couldn't justify owning it anymore since the only real advantage I could see(not to say there aren't more that just aren't important to me) was how cheap ammo was.

Quote:
And yes, the wood on this one will get a dark red stain. I know it's just an AK- but life's too short to dance with ugly girls
that is very true, I actually wood furniture on one of my ARs(yeah I know 4 rails on AKs and wood on ARs I'm goofy like that). even though it's black laminate I still think that it's perty and since it's on a 9mm and the wood furniture has been discontinued I might finally have a one of a kind rifle

I still love that russian red stain though and would love a rifle with that color wood....maybe even an AR one day

Page generated in 0.05511 seconds with 8 queries