View Single Post
Old June 30, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1
biologicole

Need help identifying Enfield No4 MK1

Hello everyone, I am the proud new owner of a No.4 MK1 and am pretty much cluless about identifying anything about it. I wasn't planning to buy one, but for $115 I couldn't walk away without it. Anyhow, the left side of the receiver is marked No.4 MK1 and there is a small BNP on top of the receiver. On the left side of the strap (?) there is a date 1942, serial 13xxx and what looks like an M over U (or maybeYI over U) and what looks like a very wide "v" (almost like a flying wedge). The bolt handle has a serial C24xxxA on the back side. It has a Zamak (?) gray buttplate. There are numerous other small proofmark symbols and small letters (303, BNP, 18.5, 222", IS PER) on the end of the barrel. There are other markings on barrel bands and stuff but nothing that really stands out. The magazine has a serial number that is different from the bolt and receiver, but it is so faint I can hardly read it.

Could someone please tell me a little about this rifle?

I'm really interested now that I've brought it home. By the way, I acquired some 303 British reloading dies in a trade several years ago, so I'll probably be reloading for it pretty soon.

Thanks for the help.

Page generated in 0.03300 seconds with 8 queries