View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Method

Beginner Tips for Handgun / Rifle Training

I am a relatively new shooter looking for some tips. My previous firearms experience includes qualifying on the M9 during USAF career and a Beretta PX4 which I shot very casually (i.e. maybe once every three months) for the last two years. I recently traded in the PX4 for a Sig TAC 1911. Shot it for the first time this week, and was amazed at how accurate I was and how much more comfortable it felt.

Anyway, I plan to be at the range every two weeks minimum as a consistent habit, shooting 50-100 rounds each visit. Eventually, I'd like to use my pistol as a HD option, but I do not have it loaded or ready to load now because I do not feel I am adequately trained/prepared. I'm looking for two things:

- Are there are specific routines or exercises you all recommend for an indoor 25yd range?
- What sort of training do people do in their homes? I sort of figured it would be a good idea if I prepared for actual scenarios so I could think through all the things that could go wrong.
- When did you all feel comfortable that you were adequately prepared to use a firearm in a home defense scenario?

Page generated in 0.12027 seconds with 8 queries