View Single Post
Old August 2, 2012, 03:50 PM   #37
L_Killkenny

Sorry to say the OP is another product of the backwards thinking that our schools and media outlets are cramming down our throats. A deer is not a man. While I'm not out to torture a critter I give killing a deer no more thought than killing a coyote or a cockroach for that matter. I'm a hunter and part of hunting is killin. I'll grin from ear to ear, give get a few high fives and pose for a bunch of pictures without one iota of remorse. That's what we are, I'll save my emotions for family and friends. Bambi was a cartoon character. Critters don't think like us and have no self awareness. After the shot they don't think "Geez, I've been shot" or realize they are dieing and cry for mother.

As for hunters actually lessening the suffering of critters that's a big "heck yes". Disease and starvation is much worse than getting shot and I've seen whole populations of critters in an area suffer from those things. Not pretty. The anti hunters around what you to believe that Bambi did just fine before we were here and they'd do just as well now that we are here. Wrong. You let deer, coyotes, coon etc run around unchecked and their suffering would be 100 times worse than sending the worst, slob hunters in the U.S. after them.
Quote:
If you need a pragmatic reason to hunt Bambi, go price good steaks in your grocery store. Then think about that Deer meat is 10X better than chem-cow meat.
Hate to tell you this but for 99.9% of the population hunting and fishing is much more costly than going to the store. That and I prefer beef and pork by a wide margin.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries