View Single Post
Old December 2, 2000, 02:24 PM   #20
BadMedicine

hmmmm.

"not hunted anywhere in the bowl, thanks to your local, rabid anti's and hillside residents, typical urbanites who know nothing about hunting and game management."

Hmmmm, I'm gonna let this one slide, but....no, I'll let it go. Even though I fall into about half of those categories

Speaking of the hillside, um, there's a momma and a calf moose over here on legacy if you wanna come get her. The mom is HUGE, about the size of our Mitzubishy car. And the calf is pretty good size too, I'm, guessing betwen 220 and 250lbs.

I would LOVE to do a hunt in the anchorage bowl, But I think it would have to be SEVERILY regulated. I don't think Henry Bowman is even a hunter, he doesn't hold hardly, if any respect for the game, or fellow hunters.

"You've got to be kidding me, let's all visualize a hundred drunks with everything from Aks to the latest Remington Ultras roaming the hillside in huge packs of 4X4s"

First of all, you gotta be half brain-dead if you think the board would actually allow a RIFLE hunt in the bowl, that's chaos waiting to happen! IF there was a hunt, it would be in "certain areas" (no, not peoples yards and driveways on hillside!!) and I'm sure it would be bow and arrow only. Secondly, you speak of "hundreds of drunks." Is this the kind of hunter you hunt with? I have know people who drink while hunting, but never drunks, I would probably report them for endangering other, I say probably be cause if they were way out in the boon-docks, I wouldn't much care. And then you say "roaming in huge packs of 4x4's" Yeah, I drive a 4x4. Alaska isn't quite the same as rural california buddy, if you don't wanna be walking 400 miles home, you had better have an SUV or 4x4 of somesort, cuz your little run down Hyanda will get you killed in this state, if you dare venture out of the city. I've even seen people get stuck and stranded right here in anchorage. The snow starts to fly, and they can't get their pretty little mazda miata back to the saftey of the garage in time, and pretty soon, they're buried in a burm. Not me I say, I just reach down and yank my trusty suburban in 4-low, and mob on home.

I don't think you hold alot of esteem for the sport, or the sportsmen, or the people who track and record our game population so that we can hunt. You can't have hunting without scientists, (atleast not anymore) so you might as well pack your sober self, in your 2-wheelin' little miata, and blow on down the road till you find some place less civilized. (good luck )

Page generated in 0.02727 seconds with 8 queries