View Single Post
Old April 29, 2009, 02:09 PM   #44
JuanCarlos

Quote:
It occurs to me the debate about how many guns come from the US is the wrong question.

The real question is whether any gun ban in the US will limit access to arms by the cartels.

The answer is that these boyos move TONS of ILLEGAL CHEMICALS ACROSS CONTINENTS and have already accessed considerable amounts of arms which cannot have come from US gun stores.

Mexico's gun ban doesn't work, nor anyone else's in Central and South America. We can't keep our own felons away from guns.

You are going to hinder the cartels? How stupid do you think I am, Mr. Holder?
Answer: Very.

I don't necessarily agree with your comparison to our own felons; they often get guns the easy way, which is to steal them locally from the homes of law-abiding gun owners (or buy ones that were stolen). This doesn't necessarily apply to cartels.

But yes, the idea that we'll "hinder" them any further than upping their costs marginally is absurd. These are organizations that bring in millions upon millions of dollars and apparently have no trouble moving illegal goods across international borders by land, sea, and air. If their guns weren't coming (however indirectly) from a sporting goods store or gun show in the U.S., they'd be coming from a freighter straight from China.

You will cut into their profits, but you will not reduce the violence south of the border. Period.

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries