View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 10:44 AM   #19
taylorce1

It wasn't that long ago I was looking for the same thing a decent 22 lr for use at an indoor range. I looked at all the target models and held the Savage and hated the feel of the stock. I looked at quite a few old Springfield, Winchester, Mossberg, Remington, and H&R target rifle 22's. After about a month of looking on gunbroker and local pawn shops I setteld on a Anschutz rifle imported by Savage it wasn't exactly what I was looking for but the deal I got on it changed my mind pretty rapidly. It slings up well and shoots great and while it isn't a heavy barrel it takes a long time to heat up shooting .22 LR especially when I have to load it single shot or take time to load up the magazine every five rounds.

The above pictures are from the day I picked it up from the local pawn shop. It came with a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 AO scope on it. The scope is way too much for the rifle and has come off and I'm just shooting it with the iron sights for now. Williams makes a aperature sight that attaches to the 3/8" dovetail that I'm thinking about purchasing. With decent bulk .22 LR ammunition it holds right at an inch for five shots off the bench at 100 yards with the scope on it, I think I could do better if I bought some Eley or other match quality .22 LR for it. It makes and excellent walking around plinking rifle that doesn't weigh a ton chasing small game.

Page generated in 0.03588 seconds with 8 queries