View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 06:49 PM   #130
No1der

Quote:
I don't have the answers. All cases would be accessed individually. The other option is that someone with a history of mental illness and violence can get firearms without any checks. Would you like them living next door to you or next door to the school your children go to. ?
I know you don't have the answers and neither do I. In theory what you are proposing is quite palatable, the problem is that theory and practice are often two very different things.

It also goes to show how many little details have to be addressed before any law or rule is imposed on anyone.

One "monumentus" change happened in the 20th century when Spirits were outlawed and the United States became a "Dry" country. That was a mistake of epic proportions because it wasn't well thought out and it wasn't addressing any of the very basic underlying issues. It sounded great in theory but in practice it lead to Al Capone and the rise of multitudes of bootleggers and street gangs along with some of our most violent history.

Any change that are made require a very well thought out and delicate touch or we'll make things even worse rather then better.

Page generated in 0.02726 seconds with 8 queries