View Single Post
Old December 6, 2008, 04:10 PM   #5
Hessian

Location: I am a resident of Mississippi but haven't lived there in 5 years... lol
Thanks guys. I will certainly try that. A buddy of mine mentioned "Tuf Cloth" as a possible solution. Any thoughts/experiences? After a web search I found this as a description/explanation of it.

"A long-lasting lint-free replacement for oil and silicone rags. Instead of using oil, Sentry uses a mixture of dry film corrosion inhibitors and lubricants to provide a fast-drying, water-displacing MICRO-BONDING CRYSTAL BARRIER against rust, friction and wear. The water-proof shield will not attract dirt and it won't leave a slippery film like silicone. TUF-CLOTH protects more than 14 times longer than the competition."

Tuf-Cloth seems to be very big in blade circles. I will certainly check to make sure I am not OVER oiling the slide in the colder weather and try Federal (seems to be a popular choice). As far as .22 ammo goes, in bricks they are around 0.02-0.03 per round, which is not much of a difference and I have no problem paying an extra 0.01 per round for proper functionality.

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries