View Single Post
Old December 11, 1998, 12:58 AM   #10
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

My reflex reaction when hearing of MRE’s is “Yuck ! No thanks”. Yes, I know it is a good idea have durable rations on hand … and I do … and they are MRE’s . I’m just saving them until I have absolutely nothing else left to eat. Rich, your review of this product sounds very familiar yet soooo different from my recollections of the MRE’s I consumed while in the Marine Corps. They very well may have improved considerably over the last several years. Bob Foster (my production Manager) A retired Marine 1st Sgt. acquired a few cases of the newest MRE’s several weeks back and he has them stored at the shop. One morning he was raving as to how good the new MRE’s were. I was skeptical and had errands to run and was gone most of the morning. When I returned it was near noon and the guys had broke for lunch … A double take was necessary on my part as I walked buy and noticed that each member of the crew was gleefully chowing down on a different meal from Bob’s MRE stash. (quite a sight if you know my crew) I was offered one but took a rain check. . I may just try one next time ….

A side note:
Yesterday the crew ate “Bear Chili” … Frank Piper prepared it from the Black bear recently taken from the Edge-Works back 40 (actually back 20). Now that’s good survival food.

Page generated in 0.02352 seconds with 8 queries