View Single Post
Old May 31, 2005, 03:48 PM   #26
Doug.38PR

Quote:
The origin of the single hand stance has its origins in fencing and more specifically in duelling. If you adopt this stance and stand side on you present a much narrower target to the fellow who is shooting at you. The down side is that you do not have as much control over your own weapon and your peripheral visability on which ever side you are holding the gun is also impeded as compared to a stance where you are standing front on to the enemy- in a classic duel where you have only one target the latter is not really a material consideration, but in a multi target gun fight it is.

Good point Lawyer J. Noble Dagget. In my way of thinking, as long as you keep aware of what is going on around you, your peripheral vision blind spot can be compensated for (just like driving a car with a blindspot), plus like I said in the beginning you have more mobility with one hand and can move around faster to shoot someone on either side of you.
As to control of the gun, I figure if you can shoot well with one hand, then will will do all the better with the two handed stance if you ever need that extra support and control of the gun (Like if I'm trying to pick off a shot at 50-100 yards away)

Page generated in 0.02126 seconds with 8 queries