View Single Post
Old July 31, 2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Southern Rebel

Quote:
Some might consider owning a gun at all paranoid. Others do not. It's all relative. I'll mark you down as someone who thinks that one every 5 feet is excessive
Interesting thought. I guess that means that as long as we can stay between "Totally Naive" and "Totally Paranoid", we are normal - it's just that some of are more normal than others?

Now all that is left is for some social scientist to produce a chart that will intertwine all the relative factors such as neighborhood, individual situational awareness quotient, and our structural environment. (Now that gives me a headache!)

I used to have just one gun in the house - in the bedroom. Then a comment on a gun forum a couple of years ago greatly influenced me. The comment was basically that if you feel the need to have a gun in your house, you should also feel the need to have immediate access to it. I now subscribe to that theory. I have one in the bedroom, one in the den, and one that I carry if I am not gonna be located in one of those two rooms for an extended time. (ie sleeping, computering, coach-potato practicing). The carry is just a pocket pistol, but still better than nothing.

I am probably a little closer to paranoid than naive , but I just think of it as being a little more prepared than maybe I have to be. I relate it to my paranoid habit of carrying a decent amount of cash around with me. It just gives me a "comfort zone" within which I am content.

Page generated in 0.03822 seconds with 8 queries