View Single Post
Old November 24, 2005, 07:32 PM   #1
gewgaw

Exercises for one-handed shooting?

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster here. Hope you all can share some good insight with me on this one... I'm going for my NRA bullseye pistol qualification and I'm up to the Sharpshooter-Bar 1 level, and I've seem to have hit a plateau for a few months now and can't progress any higher. The qualifications at my current level require shooting at a bullseye target with a 1.5" black center at 25', and getting at least a score of 64 with 10 shots, slow fire, strong hand only.

I can reliably group my shots within 2" at 25 feet with a two-handed grip. But there's something about shooting one-handed that I must not be "getting". My stance places my feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, almost parallel to the line towards the target (off about 10-15 degrees), left hand in my pocket, right arm rigid and straight. I'm operating the trigger with the pad of my finger.

Is this just a matter of more practice, and just powering through the plateau? Or should I be doing exercises like stress balls or tricep presses to get my muscle stamina up? Or introducing a new way to shoot one-handed to my routine? Or all the above or something completely different!?

Thanks for any advice or tips! Oh, if it matters, I'm using an H&K Expert .45 and Fiocchi ammunition.

Page generated in 0.03465 seconds with 8 queries