View Single Post
Old December 20, 2001, 08:55 AM   #16
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Hey Greg-
I apologize. I really should have given Richard the plug he deserves:
Richard Ley is a hunter's hunter...he reminds one of days when Men were Men and Giants Walked the Earth. Other than being rather monosyllabic in responding to dumb questions, his "people skills" are just fine. He knows the mountains up there and is as patient as Job. He's also tough as nails.

Guiding in the mountains is more than just looking for track....we were mostly in the truck on snow and ice covered trails, often with sheer drops on one side. Just negotiating the trail and knowing where you can and can't go is one helluva feat.

Finally, there's the dogs. I've only hunted with dogs twice before, but I can't imagine better efficiency than I saw from Richards canines. I intend to hunt with him again next year....bear. (But I'll practice!)

[Borrowing a line from Joni Mitchell):
"Last time I saw Richard".....he had just finished skinning that cat on his kitchen floor and was packing the meat into the freezer for next week's dinner. I seriously doubt he bothers to cook it!

As for Greg's observation of my shooting: He's also seen me miss a frontal shot on a stationary hog, the size of a CJ7, at 20 paces...I then dropped the rifle and stared at it as that piggie sauntered off with a snort! Good days; Bad days....Good shoots; Bad Shoots. My only goal: get a little better every season.

Check Richard out at http://www.huntingwesternusa.com Don't let the Deliverance banjo music scare you....unless Greg's along for the ride! In that case: Be Afraid....Be Very Afraid!
Rich

Page generated in 0.03730 seconds with 8 queries