View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013, 06:57 PM   #36
jcwit

Quote:
I don’t know about the sizing or decapping die you use but when mine is at the top of the stoke the case is sealed inside the sizer.
Using a RSBS Rock chucker the path that the primer can take is toward the operator. If one goes off all the blast and shrapnel will be directed downward through the center of the shell holder toward you.
And although not a hand grenade there is still a lot of energy when in a sealed case with the pressure having nowhere to go other than down.
Cases and primers are cheap, eyes are not.
So hang a towel in front of you, it WILL stop the primer cup from hitting you.

You claim there is a lot of energy in the primer when it goes off in a sealed case, again have you ever set primers with the older and still sold Lee Loader? Once in a while a primer will pop, thats POP. The primer seating rod does not even fly out of your fingers.

BTW the case is NOT, I repeat, NOT sealed, but it is contained by the sizing die.

And again primers are set off by impact, not by pressure slowly applied by the operator.

You are correct in that eyes are not cheap, but I have yet to do ANY reloading operations with my head anywhere near the base of the press or down near the handles linkage.

One is much more likely getting injured going to and from the range. Man UP!

Final answer, one is in more danger eating at Mac's.

Page generated in 0.03187 seconds with 8 queries