View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 07:42 AM   #2
mes228

Shipping

A couple of years ago I vacationed in Alaska with my family. The year before my wife was charged by a bear in Yosemite. That was something that was scary and I had nothing defensive and was helpless. So I looked into shipping to myself in Alaska one of my pistols. I don't remember all the "ins and outs" but bottom line was it does not work LEGALLY.

I spoke to the highest people in the ATF, I spent perhaps a month working on it. There are contradictions between the ATF regs and the Postal Service. ATF would have signed off, but the Postal System said in so many words that if I was caught doing this I would go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I pointed out that the ATF was O.K with it according to their rules. The Postal people, AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS, said "so what, we have our own regulations, we're not subject to ATF's regulations. We WILL ARREST YOU if you are caught. You will go to jail. Look into it for your self. Like I said this was a few years ago. ATF will say "yes", the Postal Service will say "Felony" big time and go to jail. I ended up not trying to do it. Good luck but be very careful.

Page generated in 0.02458 seconds with 8 queries