View Single Post
Old February 11, 2007, 12:28 PM   #116
Charles S

Quote:
What about ole thumb buster six guns with a fixed firing pin?
The revolver comment assumed everyone chooses to carry a modern revolver.

My comment above still applies, just with a different twist. The only reason to carry an older gun without a hammer safety is because it is your only gun and the situation is dire, otherwise if you choose to carry an outmoded revolver you are indeed foolish (I use foolish for the safe of the board, there are other words I would prefer to insert).

Quote:
Still i see some merrit in not carrying a round in the chamber of SOME guns some of the time. Like a pocket glock, or any pocket striker fired plastic gun in the actual pocket. I would carry unloaded chamber, but other then that ready to go.
Then in my opinion carry a different gun or get a pocket holster,and get more training.

I would not carry a Glock in my pocket without a holster. I would not carry a gun if I was only comfortable with condition three.

I stand by the opinion that carrying a gun in condition three is foolish for the reasons stated in my previous post.

Again.

Quote:
One last point. Go shoot any quality course LFI, Gunsite, Thunder Ranch etc and let us know how Israeli Army Draw fares in those classes. If you cannot do it in a controlled situation such as a quality gun course what makes you think you can do it in a gunfight.
Go shoot a course from condition three and let us know how it turns out for you.

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 8 queries