View Single Post
Old July 9, 2010, 01:46 PM   #53
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
You got it all right except this one. Except for controlling the bleeding and treating for shock, there's very little a layman with no equipment can do for a gunshot victim (and I use that term loosely) in the field.
Nothing said about surgery or sutures, just plug the hole with a rag to slow down the bleeding. whether he dies or not is moot for your situation. You tried to render aid but it was to late. If the authorities show up, he is bleeding profusely but breathing and you have been watching him for 10 minutes before they got there you can be charged with intentionally letting him die if he dies before they can get him to the hospital.

While he is a danger to you and your family as far as I am concerned he has no rights to any consideration. Once the danger is past and he is neutralized he is back to human status again and should be accorded at least minimal aid even if its only compression. I'd rather have him live than fill another body bag, I never want to see that again, ever.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03236 seconds with 8 queries