Thread: Core 15 M-4
View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Osanagokoro

I'm irate with my Core 15. If I could, I'd return it and get my money back. It's been a problem since I got it and Core 15 is blissfully unavailable to honor their warranty.

I bought my Core 15 a month ago. Chrome barrel, 1:9 twist, basic general AR-15. It was my first AR-15. Tempted to say it will be my last AR-15. Finally took it to the range on Tuesday and the gun wouldn't chamber at first. When I did get it to chamber, the bolt would not slide all the way forward. After that, the round wouldn't come out of the barrel and had to have the range marshal observe as I took apart the rifle to pull out the unfired round. Imagine my humiliation as, after putting the rifle back together, with the range marshal supervising to make sure it was done proper, the rifle still didn't chamber. Their gunsmith happened to be kind enough to lend me a few rounds of another brand of ammo (was shooting Federal .223 and he lent me some PMC) to see if it was a bad magazine or bad ammo. Rifle still didn't work. Their gunsmith was even kind enough to look the gun over to see if it was oiled properly or if a screw was backwards someplace.

I got home from the range and called Core 15. This was Tuesday. I understand this is the holidays and all, but their shop was open. I got their voice mail, left a message. No response. Called back next day- voicemail twice, got a secretary once who told me the person I had to talk to was out to lunch and she'd be sure he got my message. No response. Thursday, tried sending an email and calling. Friday, get up and find an email saying my email to Core 15 bounced. I called again, get some-one else's secretary who transfers me to the GTO store (sports store evidently associated with Core15), and THEY tried to send me to some-one else but when I called back, got voice mail.

I'd suggest getting another brand if you haven't already bought it. Being a fellow craftsman, I'm always for supporting a small business, but this isn't how you retain happy customers. Maybe they should put more time into looking at the rifle they're putting in the box rather than the Core 15 Bumper Stickers and dog tags. Also in the box, a warranty card reminding me to register my Kobalt Tools Socket Set but... I guess that is how you know it is hand made. I don't know. You can just see it in the picture beneath the Core 15 manual.

Edit- I'm being harsh, yes. I am frustrated at this point. Holidays or not, when I drop a grand on a rifle I expect it to work. I especially hate the idea of that rifle I just spent a grand on, being brand new, is nothing better than a glorified costume prop. Doubly so coming from a company whose sole point of sale is their guarantee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg core15.jpg (116.7 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by Osanagokoro; December 21, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.03391 seconds with 9 queries