Thread: .380 vs 9mm
View Single Post
Old August 25, 2009, 06:39 PM   #62
Phoebe

I'm narrowing this down some. Though with cooler weather coming, I'm also realizing perhaps my best choice is to stick with my XD9 until next Spring.

But, I have probably ruled out .380s. The ammo cost made me gasp.

I believe I've ruled out the Kel-Tec. I can't seem to shoot it even decently, let alone well.

I am looking at the Kahr P9, but had some problems today that are making me question whether I should rule it out. I had a rental Kahr that was having problems. Something about the magazine is bothering me too. Even before the misfeed (I think it was a misfeed), as I was loading the mag, I thought, "this seems like a misfeed waiting to happen."

The magazine seems cheap. The metal at the top, seems flimsy. And then, I racked the slide and everything got stuck. It didn't leave me with a good impression.

It is possible the gun simply needs some servicing. But I'd like to know what you all think of it.

I am also looking at a Glock 26. But as I mentioned elsewhere, it kept spitting brass at me. That's not entirely a dealbreaker, but I confess it was less than pleasant.

Page generated in 0.03700 seconds with 8 queries